Fly-in Information – Hotels, Rental Cars etc.
Star (*) indicates pet friendly hotels
- AmericInn, 222 W. Second St. 641-684-8222
- Days Inn, 2824 N. Court St. 641-683-3000
- Hampton Inn, 943 N. Quincy Ave. 641-814-8888
- Holiday Inn Express, 941 N. Quincy Ave., 641-814-4500
- Hotel Ottumwa, 107 E. Second St. 641-682-8051
- Quality Inn & Suites*, 125 W. Joseph Ave. 641-682-8526
- Super 8 Motel by Wyndham, 2823 N. Court St., 641-684-5055
- SureStay Plus by Best Western, 2813 N. Court Rd. 641-682-0000
ALBIA & EDDYVILLE
- Indian Hills Motel/RV Park*, 100 Hwy. 34 E, 800-728-4286.
641-932-7181 – firstname.lastname@example.org , www.indianhillsinn.com
- Eddyville Inn & RV Park, 601 Main St. 641-505-1095 www.eddyvilleinn.com
- EverSpring Inn & Suites,* 2401 A Ave. W., 641-676-6000
- Super 8 by Wyndham, 306 S. 17th St. 641-673-8481
MORAVIA – LAKE RATHBUN AREA
- Honey Creek Resort*, 12633 Resort Dr. www.honeycreekresort.com 641-724-9100
It is our policy to make every effort to assist those with handicaps or health problems to park in the areas close to AAA headquarters or the APM. It would help us help you in this regard if you write us in advance for the required car permit. You may request one from the registration office upon arrival; however, space is limited. So, if you need a handicapped parking permit, please inform us of your needs in this regard.
The use of a golf cart on the Antique Airfield grounds will be limited to those who show need (handicap
sticker, license or similar), bring their own golf cart and provide proof of insurance for same. Members who are bringing golf carts need to provide the AAA with a certificate of insurance, with at least $1,000,000 in liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage. The certificate also needs to name the Antique Airplane Association & Air Power Museum Inc., 22001 Bluegrass Road, Ottumwa, IA 52501 as an additional insured. Security, storage, and safe operation of golf carts will be the owner’s/ operator’s responsibility while on the grounds of Antique Airfield. Remember to stop & give a ride to those in need!
FLY-IN FOOD & DRINK
The North Hy-Vee Store will be on hand to cater meals and snacks in the 24th Fighter Squadron Mess Hall starting on Wednesday at noon up through noon on Monday, Labor Day. A wide variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals will be served. Saturday evening will feature their popular steak and chop night. They will also provide ice and some other carryout grocery items.
RENTAL CARS – TAXI SERVICE
- Enterprise, 302 W. 2nd St. 641-682-2020 ext. *
CAMPING & RV INFORMATION
All RV and camping units must register at the AAA headquarters office and then proceed to the appropriate areas. No camping units will be allowed access prior to registration and security will turn back such vehicles without proper passes for campers and vehicles.
RV AREA: The RV area is on the South end of the airport adjacent to the South campground with good access and even terrain for easy parking. This area is also close to the south shower house. While no electrical hookups are available, it is acceptable to operate a generator in this area. Please make certain your generator is properly muffled and quiet running. Access to the South campground and RV area is via the East side of the runway behind the APM & Flymarket. CAUTION: Campers are urged to check trees in camp sites for dead limbs prior to setting up camp sites. Camping with electrical hookups, shower house, dump station etc. is available in nearby Ottumwa at the Ottumwa Park Campgrounds. Call 641-682-1307 for more information.
We’re dog lovers here at Antique Airfield. However, due to safety issues and liability concerns that allowing dogs on the flight line & the campgrounds raises, we are going to insist that our members/ guests leave their pets at home.
Note: For those that travel full time with pets, they can be boarded at one of these Ottumwa area vet clinics:
- Thomas Veterinary Clinic; 17591 Hwy 34 W., www.thomasvet.com 641-683-1835
- Eastview Animal Hospital; 11596 Bladensburg Rd., www.eastviewpets.com 641-682-0533
- Ottumwa Family Animal Care; www.ottumwafamilyanimalcare.com
- Animal Health Center; Albia, 1976 684th Ave., 641-932-3455, www.animalhealthcenteria.com
Guide or assist dogs with proper documentation and identifying gear are of course welcome.
AIRCRAFT FUEL SERVICES
APM Director Shane Vande Voort and his crew from Classic Aviation in Pella, IA will provide fuel (100LL) service at Antique Airfield during the Fly-In. The fuel truck will be parked east of Hangar #1 (furthest building to the east) and you will have to taxi your aircraft to the truck for fuel during the following hours of operation:
- Wed Sep. 1st – 12 pm to 7 pm
- Thurs Sep. 2nd thru Sun Sep. 5th – 8 am to 7 pm
- Mon Sep. 6th – 8 am to 12 pm